At-Large Rules of Engagement
Guidelines and Expectations to be understood and agreed upon prior to application approval.
The following information is the basic structure on what you are permitted to do as a representative of the MOSPOTeen program as an At-large titleholder. We reserve the right to revoke any title and state competition privileges should you be found to be infraction of the official contract rules or the following title usage guidelines listed below.
***If your title is revoked all fees paid are forfeit and non-refundable***
1. No crown of any kind is to be borrowed or purchased to be used as part of your titles adornment. No crown may be worn as part of your titles branding at any time. Crowns are reserved solely for MAO/ MOSP franchises and their respective titleholders who have competed and won in an official on-stage capacity.
2. Any activity of volunteerism and/or endorsement of a business, product or community service organization must be communicated to and approved by your delegated State Liaison and/or State Executive Director.
3. The responsibility of being a community representative first falls to the nearest local franchise titleholder(s), even if you’re the first asked; every effort must be made for you as At-large to stay focused on your Community Service based platform and personal growth. If no local program is established within your county, rules 1 and 2 still apply.
4. Any community event requesting you to appear and/or serve in any volunteer capacity must be approved by your delegated State Liaison and/or State Executive Director. **Any standard local community event appearance must be confirmed that it is not a conflict or in competition with existing local franchise titleholder/s as they are the preferred representative/s within our franchised communities. Example: Ribbon cutting ceremony of Staple Community Civic Building such as a library or senior center.
5. Parallel preparation for State competition with a local program (practicing with a fellow local titleholder) is to be limited to specialty workshops where the local program offers an invitation to you. This invitation must be approved by your delegated State Liaison and/or State Executive Director prior to participating.
6. At-large titles expire the Monday following the Miss America’s Outstanding Teen 2019 crowning, July 30th, 2018 and you are eligible to compete in your respective local programs or reapply as At-large based on eligibility requirements stated at the beginning. **No appearances may be made using the provided sash after the expiration of your At-large title (i.e. after July 30th, 2019)